This retail banking industry survey analyzes compensation data for 57 positions with data collected across key components of the compensation strategy, such as:
- Base pay
- Long-term incentives
- Organization data
- Pay/Employment policies and more
This survey is powered by Mercer Job Library. This comprehensive job catalog provides you with improved job descriptions for more accurate position matches, clearer relationships between jobs, more specializations, and much more. Learn more or view Mercer Job Library FAQs for more details.
With the move to Mercer Job Library, the Retail Banking module of the US FSS: Financial Services Suite collects data for 39 specializations and 396 jobs giving you access to even more compensation benchmarking insights for your financial institution across the following job families:
- Communications and corporate affairs
- Consumer and commercial banking
- Customer service and contact center operations
- IT, telecom, and Internet
- Legal, compliance, and audit
- Sales, marketing, and product management
Delivered in Fully Customizable Formats
Survey results are delivered in Mercer WIN®, giving you access to the data through a variety of customizable parameters — including geography, industry, company size, and more. Efficiently organize and analyze the information with Mercer WIN, which enables you to:
- Compare job descriptions side by side.
- Change pay elements to support the right level of analysis.
- Perform function and career-level analysis.
- Export your data for integration into other systems (data also available as an Excel file).
- Run presentation-quality detailed or summary reports.
Salary Survey Methodology
Mercer surveys are designed using the most accurate and up-to-date market data practices. Data is collected from HR professionals at participating organizations, and then analyzed for validity, thoroughness, and market representation based on the organization's size, structure, geographic region, or a combination of these factors. A minimum number of incumbents, organizations, and distinct organizations are required in order to report each data element. If minimums are not met, the market data is suppressed ensuring you the highest level of data confidentiality.
Position List & Sample Report
2019 Survey Participation is now closed. Survey participation is open to all organizations with matching jobs and is not required to purchase results. To learn more about how you can become a participant, please contact us. As a survey participant, you do receive key benefits:
- A discount on survey results!
- An exclusive invitation to survey events - attend results webcasts and meetings where Mercer consultants will review the results and identify market trends and factors. You'll also be able to ask questions directly related to your organization.
- Ensure your data is included in the market results - easily determine your market position with customized reports that compare your company data to your peers.