SIRS provides the tools necessary to build a flexible and tested pay structure to meet the needs of your organization. The data collected for the Sales Policies and Practices Survey includes:
- Approaches to assigning sales responsibilities.
- Car benefit/allowance eligibility.
- Compensation philosophy for sales staff.
- Practices for performance below and above quota.
- Sales incentive plan changes under consideration.
- Sales incentive plan components and weights.
- Target incentive calculation.
- Transfer and relocation policies for sales staff.
For a detailed look at the underling structure of job families, benchmark positions, and job levels within SIRS, please consult the 2016 SIRS® Brochure.
Survey results are delivered in Mercer PayMonitor®, giving you access to the data through a variety of parameters – including geography, industry, company size, and more – to more efficiently organize and analyze the information. Mercer PayMonitor enables you to customize your analysis by job as well as compare job descriptions side by side, change pay elements to support the right level of analysis, perform function and career-level analysis, export your data for integration into other systems, and run presentation-quality detailed or summary reports. A published PDF of the survey results can also be found here.
Mercer surveys are designed using the most accurate and up-to-date market data practices. Data is collected from HR professionals at participating organizations (never employee self-reported) and then analyzed for validity, thoroughness, and market representation based on the organization's size, structure, geographic region, or a combination of these factors. A minimum number of incumbents, organizations, and distinct organizations are required in order to report each data element. If minimums are not met, the market data is suppressed, ensuring you the highest level of data confidentiality.
How to Participate
Survey participation is open to all organizations with matching jobs and is required to purchase results. This survey is available only to participants. If you are interested in learning more about becoming a SIRS participant, please complete the New Participant Form. As a survey participant you do receive key benefits:
Access to the survey results.
- An exclusive invitation to survey events – attend results webcasts and meetings where Mercer consultants will review the results and identify market trends and factors. You'll also be able to ask questions directly related to your organization.
- Ensure your data is included in the market results – easily determine your market position with customized reports that compare your company data to your peers.
Survey participation is open annually.
2016 Survey participation is now closed. View the Survey Schedule tab for your next opportunity to participate.