Benchmark your compensation strategy to the market across key elements, such as:
- Base pay
- Long-term incentives
- Organization data
- Pay range minimums and maximums
- Sales incentive eligibility and amounts
- Sales incentive targets
- Short-term incentive eligibility and amounts
- Short-term incentive thresholds, targets, and maximums
This survey is powered by the new Mercer Job Library. This comprehensive new job catalog provides you with improved job descriptions for more accurate position matches, clearer relationships between jobs, more specializations, and much more. Learn more or view Mercer Job Library FAQs for more details.
Delivered in Fully Customizable Formats
Survey results are delivered in Mercer WIN®, giving you access to the data through a variety of customizable parameters — including geography, industry, company size, and more. Efficiently organize and analyze the information with Mercer WIN, which enables you to:
- Compare job descriptions side by side.
- Change pay elements to support the right level of analysis.
- Perform function and career-level analysis.
- Export your data for integration into other systems (data also available as an Excel file).
- Run presentation-quality detailed or summary reports.
Mercer surveys are designed using the most accurate and up-to-date market data practices. Data is collected from HR professionals at participating organizations, never employee self-reported, and then analyzed for validity, thoroughness, and market representation based on the organization's size, structure, geographic region, or a combination of these factors. A minimum number of incumbents, organizations, and distinct organizations are required in order to report each data element. If minimums are not met, the market data is suppressed ensuring you the highest level of data confidentiality.
2018 Survey Participation is now closed. View the Survey Schedule tab for your next opportunity to participate. Survey participation is open to all organizations with matching jobs and is not required to purchase results. To learn more about how you can become a participant, please contact us. As a survey participant, you do receive key benefits:
- A discount on survey results!
- An exclusive invitation to survey events — attend results webcasts and meetings where Mercer consultants will review the results and identify market trends and factors. You’ll also be able to ask questions directly related to your organization.
- Ensure your data is included in the market results — easily determine your market position with customized reports that compare your company’s data to that of your peers.
New in 2018 is Mercer Data Connector! This intuitive online data collection tool is easy to use and will save you time, making your job easier. The user-friendly interface will help you match jobs with automated suggestions, validate and make changes to your data in real time, build upon your work year over year, and much more. Learn more about Mercer Data Connector.
Position List & Sample Report
View the position list and descriptions included in this HR compensation survey to optimize your ongoing compensation and benchmarking efforts.
View a sample report of this survey for a glimpse at what’s included.