Returning to an in-person office environment may be an anxiety-producing event for some of your workforce. As you make plans to return, remember to include on-going check-ins on the physical and mental well-being of your employees. Part of developing an effective employee listening strategy is actually communicating with your employees! Here are some guideline questions to help you get started.
Pre-return (4-6 weeks before):
- How have you been coping through the pandemic? How is your family doing?
- What has your experience of working from home been like through lock down?
- How ready do you feel to come back to the office? What would help you to feel more ready to return?
First week after return:
- How have you found your first week back in the office?
- Are you clear on the measures that you should be following while in the office?
One month after return:
- Have you felt adequately safe in the work environment? How could this be improved?
- What have been the biggest challenges for you over the past month?
An effective employee listening strategy can help you fully understand what your employees are looking for when they return to your office in person. Begin developing your strategy today!
Contact Mercer via email or by calling 855-286-5302.