1) Methodological aspects
2) Participant companies’ information
- Changes and new trends in collective bargaining
- Duration of the contract’s discussion
- Distribution of the different types of clauses
- Salary administration
- Validity of the contract
- Geographic location
- Sheltered staff
- Number of discussions per year per company
3) Market information
- Characteristics of the sample of participant companies taking into consideration the economical sector, the amount of sales and the number of workers.
- 2017 salary increases estimated by the companies from the sample.
- Market salary data for 5 job levels defined by Mercer for the analysis of manufacturing operators.
This report presents the salary data through the following statistical measurements: 10th percentile, median, and average for the following compensation levels:
- Comp 1: Annual Base Salary
- Comp 2: Guaranteed Fixed Payments
- Comp 3: Total Annual Cash Compensation (this includes variable payments such as incentives for productivity, performance bonus, etc.)
classification by level of Mercer tab
Each position included here is standardized according to the role, education and experience.
Lowest complexity: Floor level assistant, Processing assistant, packaging assistant, warehouse assistant, etc. There is no pre-requisite required for this job. Minimum experience: 1 year.
Mid-low complexity: Warehouse responsible, warehouse assistant, specialized machine operator, basic machine operator (no specialization), and forklift operator. This job requires intermediate qualification within the function. Minimum experience 1 to 3 years in similar positions.
Medium complexity: Machine operator, mechanic or electrical. This job requires technical preparation to perform
which are associated to a production process. Quality assurance positions are often within this level. Minimum experience: 3 to 5 years.
Mid-high complexity: Electrical technician,
experienced mechanic, technical operator. This job requires a high qualification in production processes in a specialized area. This is directly correlated to the production process, executing a specific process during a certain working shift. The incumbent is a guide for lower level workers. Minimum experience: 5+ years.
Highest complexity: Manufacturing line leader, Maintenance coordinator or highly specialized worker. This job requires technical or technological training. The incumbent is responsible for a group of workers, which implies supervisor experience of 5+ years.|
You will receive this report in the form of a PDF file.
Data Collection||March - May 2017|
|Results delivery Standard Survey||
June 12th 2017|
Results delivery Selected Sample Survey||
May 27th 2017|
Tel. +58 212 958 6506