This compensation planning survey includes the following information for six non-union employee levels: executive, management, professional (sales), professional (non-sales), office/clerical/technical, and trade/production/service as well as unionized employees analyzed by region and by industry group:
- Actual 2016 and projected 2017 salary increases and structure adjustments.
- Use of lump sum payments in lieu of salary increases.
- Salary differentiation and pay-for-performance practices.
- Short-term incentive practices.
- Prevalence of non-traditional pay and attraction and retention practices.
Survey participants receive complimentary results via Mercer PayMonitor®. PayMonitor permits you to quickly access market data and regression analyses using template reports or custom reports you create, specific to your market needs. You may also view, download, or print the entire published report. Non-participating companies may purchase the report PDF.
Mercer surveys are designed using the most accurate and up-to-date market data practices. Data is collected from HR professionals at participating organizations (never employee self-reported) and then analyzed for validity, thoroughness, and market representation based on the organization's size, structure, geographic region, or a combination of these factors. A minimum number of incumbents, organizations, and distinct organizations are required in order to report each data element. If minimums are not met, the market data is suppressed, ensuring you the highest level of data confidentiality.
View Sample Report
How to Participate
Survey participation is open to all organizations with matching jobs and is not required to purchase results. As a survey participant however, you do receive key benefits:
A complimentary copy of the results!
- An exclusive invitation to survey events – attend results webcasts and meetings where Mercer consultants will review the results and identify market trends and factors. You'll also be able to ask questions directly related to your organization.
- Ensure your data is included in the market results – easily determine your market position with customized reports that compare your company data to your peers.
Survey participation is open annually. To become a survey participant, download the survey questionnaire, review and complete the questionnaire, and then submit. It's that simple! We understand the level of sensitivity in the data provided and will hold your data in the strictest confidence.
2016 Survey participation is now closed. View the Survey Schedule tab for your next opportunity to participate.
View a sample report of this survey for a glimpse at what’s included.