Introducing the new Mercer Job Library
A comprehensive job catalog for Mercer’s compensation and benefits surveys
Mercer Job Library is a globally consistent catalog for Mercer’s compensation and benefits surveys, providing one, global job catalog and job analysis approach.
- Improved experience – More data available with roll-up functionality, clearer relationships between jobs, more ways to quickly find the data you need.
- Enhanced job content – Improved job descriptions, recognizable job codes, better cross-market comparisons.
- Consistent data collection – New online technology platform for simplified data collection, automated matching and IPE consistency.
- Intuitive results analysis – Mercer WIN® enhancements to make analysis more intuitive, including browser-like filters and helpful hints throughout your experience
See the full list of surveys joining Mercer Job Library:
Mercer Job Library Overview
Mercer Job Library FAQs
Mercer Job Library has identified the relationships between Jobs and set up two additional types of compensation reporting units – Core Jobs and Mercer Combined Jobs. These are additional data sets reported in our surveys based on the combination of related sets of underlying Jobs. These features are useful in the following situations:
- Job responsibilities are changing in your organization, requiring analysis of a broader comparator market
- You are experiencing recruiting difficulties for a specific skill set in a specific market, and therefore need to look at a broader or related set of jobs
- Insufficient data in the survey for the specific job and refinement combination you are seeking
Jobs — basic survey results representing a specific type of work at a specific Career Level.
Core Jobs — an aggregate of underlying Jobs within a Sub-Family at a specific Career level.
Mercer Combined Jobs — with our in-depth expertise, we have created job combinations and aggregated data sets, similar to the Combine Jobs functionality in Mercer WIN, to provide you with a broader look at the market.
Core Job and Mercer Combined Job are two new additional data sets reported in our surveys. The more specialized Job data is still available; however, with the relationships between Jobs well defined, Mercer will aggregate data to create these two new reporting units. Core Jobs aggregate all data for the Jobs within a Sub-Family. Mercer will also set up Mercer Combined Jobs consisting of any reasonable combination of Jobs. This is another way to serve up more data to you, without forcing you to identify realistic combinations and do the work of combining jobs in WIN.
Mercer’s compensation surveys already included thousands of jobs across hundreds of markets and dozens of industries. We studied our existing database of jobs, researched current trends in job families and industry labor markets, and partnered with our consulting colleagues to determine the appropriate relationships between jobs.
The coding has been updated to be more intuitive and Mercer Job Library has two new Executive Levels to better reflect the hierarchies found in some markets. The Career Stream Level descriptions have been refreshed, and consistent language is used across all jobs globally. Clients are now able to match to additional specializations and even more Levels during data submission.
Yes! While we’re moving to a single, integrated catalog to allow easier analysis across products, we are maintaining those unique industry jobs. They’ve simply been arranged to align with related jobs found in other industries, allowing those data points to be included – where relevant – in our new Core Jobs and Mercer Combined Jobs.
Have a question regarding the new Mercer Job Library?