Vienna Tops the List Again
Vienna remained at the top of our Quality of Living Rankings in 2015, boasting the best quality of living for expatriates. Mercer’s Quality of Living Rankings cover 230 prevalent destinations for globally mobile talent and are based on our Quality of Living Survey.
The Quality of Living Survey assesses quality of living conditions to help multinational companies and other employers fairly compensate employees when placing them on international assignments. Mercer compiles Quality of Living Reports and Location Evaluation Reports for each city, providing an overview of conditions and hardship premium recommendations.
As part of the rankings, Mercer highlights select cities that are evolving as business centers around the world.
- Durban, South Africa (85) – Growing manufacturing and shipping center
- Cheonan, South Korea (98) – A tech and university center
- Taichung, Taiwan (99) – Rich cultural traditions have helped bring in key local and international industries
- Wroclaw, Poland (100) – Strong talent pool and good infrastructure
- Manaus, Brazil (127) – Manaus attracts businesses as a Free Economic Zone
- Hyderabad, India (138) – Home to many in the service industry (IT, insurance, and financial companies)
- Chongqing, China (142) – Major manufacturing (esp. automotive industry) center and transportation hub
- Xi’an, China (142) – An economic and technology development zone
- Pune, India (145) – Hosts IT and automotive companies
Learn more about Mercer’s City Benchmarking Services.
City Benchmarking Services
Do you work for a city or region? Mercer can help build a quality-of-living profile and action plan for your emerging talent hub.
Expatriate management Conferences
Don't miss our annual conferences of international assignment program leaders.
EMEA Expatriate Management Conference – April 23-24, Madrid
Americas Expatriate Management Conference – May 5-7, Florida
Moving abroad or managing employees who are? We have a range of tools that help prepare for the move and succeed in a new country. Learn more
Total Remuneration surveys
Mercer’s Total Remuneration Surveys
cover market data on compensation and benefits around the globe. Get access today and participate in your country’s survey for a discount!