The SIRS job leveling schemas (or Level Charts) present a framework for providing meaningful differentiation between job levels reflecting the degree of skill, complexity, and responsibility a job requires. SIRS levels define the “what” — what degree of skill, complexity and responsibility a job requires — by evaluating the job against a set of compensable factors such as knowledge, problem solving, discretion/latitude, impact, and liaison. By establishing competencies specific to the R&D function, the job architecture of the SIRS Technical LevelChart can be developed into a more robust career framework that answers the “how” — how employees can demonstrate proficiency and progression through the levels.
A career framework will provide clarity and transparency around role excellence for your employees and aid in career progression development. This helps deliver a more compelling employee value proposition which can result in higher levels of engagement and contribution as well as:
- Empower managers to support employees through effective conversations on career development by identifying not just what an employee needs to do, but how to accomplish it.
- Hone in on specific competencies and proficiency levels that drive performance for individual contributors in this key functional area.
- Link competencies to market data and pay practices using the SIRS Benchmark Survey market data
- Review functional population distribution and its effect on career pathways.
- Anchor other HR processes to the career framework.
How to Participate
WANT TO GET INVOLVED?
R&D is only the beginning. Mercer SIRS clients have declared a desire to expand this career framework model to additional functional areas, developing competencies unique to their specific needs.
We are looking for organizations to be part of the development of our next functional career framework and competency definition.
You can take part in a functional capabilities survey to:
- Identify industry and practitioner insights.
- Be part of a focus group to develop and validate the model.
- Provide feedback of the results.
Please reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to be part of this exciting opportunity.
2019 Survey Participation is now closed. Survey participation is open to all organizations with matching jobs and is not required to purchase results. To learn more about how you can become a participant, please contact us. As a survey participant, you do receive key benefits:
- A discount on survey results!
- An exclusive invitation to survey events - attend results webcasts and meetings where Mercer consultants will review the results and identify market trends and factors. You'll also be able to ask questions directly related to your organization.
- Ensure your data is included in the market results - easily determine your market position with customized reports that compare your company data to your peers.