What's new in 2017?
- The North Dakota Energy Industry Compensation Survey is now part of the US MTCS | Mercer Total Compensation Survey for the Energy Sector.
- Provides key compensation and policy data for upstream and oilfield service businesses physically located in Bakken formation operation sites.
- North Dakota Work type assignment data has been added to help you determine if positions are being filled by local residents, contractors, or short-term assignee's. 2017 future salary increase and 2016 salary freeze information has also been included.
Survey results are delivered in Mercer WIN®, giving you access to the data through a variety of parameters – including geography, industry, company size, and more – to more efficiently organize and analyze the information. Mercer WIN enables you to customize your analysis by job as well as compare job descriptions side by side, change pay elements to support the right level of analysis, perform function and career-level analysis, export your data for integration into other systems, and run presentation-quality detailed or summary reports. A published PDF of the survey results can also be found here.
Salary Survey Methodology
Mercer surveys are designed using the most accurate and up-to-date market data practices. Data is collected from HR professionals at participating organizations and then analyzed for validity, thoroughness, and market representation based on the organization's size, structure, geographic region, or a combination of these factors. A minimum number of incumbents, organizations, and distinct organizations are required in order to report each data element. If minimums are not met, the market data is suppressed, ensuring you the highest level of data confidentiality.
How to Participate - 2017
2017 Survey participation is now closed. If you missed the deadline for participating in this survey, please call us to learn more about additional options that may be available.
Survey participation is open to all organizations with matching jobs and is not required to purchase results. As a survey participant however, you do receive key benefits:
- An exclusive invitation to survey events — attend results webcasts and meetings where Mercer consultants will review the results and identify market trends and factors. You'll also be able to ask questions directly related to your organization.
- Ensure your data is included in the market results — easily determine your market position with customized reports that compare your company data to your peers.