As the world continues to rapidly change, we find that new roles are emerging and traditional roles are evolving. Not only are there changes to how jobs are structured but there is a growing desire for flexible work arrangements. Having a consistent methodology for evaluating jobs, anywhere in the world, is no longer a “nice to have”.
Mercer IPE (International Position Evaluation) gives you an organizing framework based on job value within the organization and the wider commercial environment. This methodology, based on a series of business-related factors and dimensions that represent core job attributes, allows you to rapidly blueprint new and evolving roles in ways that manage risks, reduce costs, and facilitate employee movement.
Mercer IPE evaluation factors:
- Impact – the nature of a job’s influence on the organization and the breadth and depth of the job’s contribution
- Communication – the type of communication skills required by the job, the purpose of communication, and the audience with which the job communicates
- Innovation – the level of problem solving and design/development that the job requires and the nature of the problems the job typically encounters
- Knowledge – the nature of technical (and/or organizational) skills and knowledge required by a job, people management requirements, and geographic context
- Risk – the nature of mental and physical risk associated with the job and the conditions in which the job operates
Are you ready to bring structure to an evolving world?