This survey provides benchmark data reflecting 2,718,709 employee observations. Easily analyze this robust data by:
- Base Pay
- FLSA Status
- Long-term Incentive Eligibility and Grants
- Organization Data
- Short-term Incentive Eligibility and Amounts
- Years in Organization
- Years in Position
This survey is powered by Mercer Job Library. This comprehensive job catalog provides you with improved job descriptions for more accurate position matches, clearer relationships between jobs, more specializations, and much more. Learn more or view Mercer Job Library FAQs for more details.
With the move to Mercer Job Library, the US MBD: Metropolitan Benchmark Survey collects compensation data for 4,396 positions in professional and paraprofessional career levels and 113 specializations across numerous job families.
Delivered in Fully Customizable Formats
Survey results are delivered in Mercer WIN®, giving you access to the data through a variety of customizable parameters — including geography, industry, company size, and more. Efficiently organize and analyze the information with Mercer WIN, which enables you to:
- Compare job descriptions side by side.
- Change pay elements to support the right level of analysis.
- Perform function and career-level analysis.
- Export your data for integration into other systems (data also available as an Excel file).
- Run presentation-quality detailed or summary reports.
Salary Survey Methodology
Mercer surveys are designed using the most accurate and up-to-date market data practices. Data is collected from HR professionals at participating organizations and then analyzed for validity, thoroughness, and market representation based on the organization's size, structure, geographic region, or a combination of these factors. A minimum number of incumbents, organizations, and distinct organizations are required in order to report each data element. If minimums are not met, the market data is suppressed, ensuring you the highest level of data confidentiality.
2019 US MBD: Metropolitan Benchmark Survey – North Central Region
2019 US MBD: Metropolitan Benchmark Survey – North East Region
2019 US MBD: Metropolitan Benchmark Survey – South Central Region
2019 US MBD: Metropolitan Benchmark Survey – South East Region
2019 US MBD: Metropolitan Benchmark Survey – West Coast Region
US MBD: Metropolitan Benchmark Survey
Additional buying options are available. Call us to learn how you can lock in rates for two or more years and qualify for additional discounts.
- Additional users may be added during checkout for USD 200 each per module/survey.
- Individuals or companies using Mercer data for consulting services or commercial purposes are subject to different rates. Please call for more information.
- 2019 results now available for purchase.
Position List & Sample Report
*State is split between regions
View a breakdown of the five geographical regions available in the US MBD Metropolitan Benchmark Survey here.
View a list of the participating companies included in the 2019 US MBD: Metropolitan Benchmark Survey here.
2019 Survey Participation is now closed. Survey participation is open to all organizations with matching jobs and is not required to purchase results. To learn more about how you can become a participant, please contact us. As a survey participant, you do receive key benefits:
- A discount on survey results!
- An exclusive invitation to survey events - attend results webcasts and meetings where Mercer consultants will review the results and identify market trends and factors. You'll also be able to ask questions directly related to your organization.
- Ensure your data is included in the market results - easily determine your market position with customized reports that compare your company data to your peers.