What's new in 2018
In 2018, Energy Trading data will be collected as part of the US MTCS | Mercer Total Compensation Survey for the Energy Sector survey.
Survey results are delivered in Mercer WIN®, giving you access to the data through a variety of parameters – including geography, industry, company size, and more – to more efficiently organize and analyze the information. Mercer WIN enables you to customize your analysis by job as well as compare job descriptions side by side, change pay elements to support the right level of analysis, perform function and career-level analysis, export your data for integration into other systems, and run presentation-quality detailed or summary reports. A published PDF of the survey results can also be found here.
Mercer surveys are designed using the most accurate and up-to-date market data practices. Data is collected from HR professionals at participating organizations (never employee self-reported) and then analyzed for validity, thoroughness, and market representation based on the organization's size, structure, geographic region, or a combination of these factors. A minimum number of incumbents, organizations, and distinct organizations are required in order to report each data element. If minimums are not met, the market data is suppressed, ensuring you the highest level of data confidentiality.
||USD 5,200 / EUR 3,665
||USD 3,950 / EUR 2,795
||USD 4,200 / EUR 2,975
||USD 3,800 / EUR 2,680
||USD 3,950 / EUR 2,795
||USD 3,950 / EUR TBD
Additional discounts are available for Mercer Membership clients. Please contact the Mercer representative in your area for further details.
*2017 results will be available for purchase in August.
Global Energy Trading Survey
Why this survey?
Whether your company operates in one or multiple locations, this survey provides the local, regional and global insight on trader compensation your company needs to attract and retain the best energy trading talent around the world.
- More than 50 companies participate in this survey.
- The survey provides consistent data across multiple survey locations:
– A consistent job-matching methodology is applied across all locations
– Consistent job functions and role levels are used across all survey locations.
- The survey provides detailed analysis of pay levels by both location and commodities traded. Commodities include crude oil, gas, power, coal and renewable energy.
- Additional reporting and analysis provides information on short-term incentives / bonuses and practices from companies with both capped and uncapped bonus plans.
- Long-term incentives are valued and plan details are reported.
- The survey is run by Mercer Consultants. They will be available to support you and your team throughout the survey.