With data from 33,300+ employee incumbents, leverage the data to analyze your compensation strategy against the market.
Canada and US compensation data for the mining industry is available separately. Structured to easily complement one another, use the data available in both deliverables to benchmark your jobs across North America or focus on just one region. Learn more about our US survey.
New for 2019
New in 2019 is Mercer Job Library. This comprehensive new job catalog provides you with improved job descriptions for more accurate position matches, clearer relationships between jobs, more specializations, and much more. Learn more or view Mercer Job Library FAQs for more details.
Delivered in fully customizable formats
Survey results are delivered in Mercer WIN®, giving you access to the data through a variety of customizable parameters — including geography, industry, company size, and more. Efficiently organize and analyze the information with Mercer WIN, which enables you to:
- Compare job descriptions side by side.
- Change pay elements to support the right level of analysis.
- Perform function and career-level analysis.
- Export your data for integration into other systems (data also available as an Excel file).
- Run presentation-quality detailed or summary reports.
Salary Survey Methodology View Sample Report
Mercer’s salary surveys are designed using the most accurate and up-to-date HR metrics and market data practices. Data is collected from HR professionals at participating organizations. It is then analyzed for validity, thoroughness, and market representation based on the organization’s size, structure, geographic region, or any combination of these factors. A minimum number of incumbents, organizations, and distinct organizations is required in order to report each Mercer data element. If minimums are not met, the market data is suppressed, ensuring that you always receive the highest level of data confidentiality.
2018 North America Mining Industry Survey Suite – Canada Corporate and CEO
2018 North America Mining Industry Survey Suite – Canada Mine Site
2018 North America Mining Industry Survey Suite – Canada Mine Site Operational Jobs
North America Mining Industry Survey Suite
Additional buying options are available. Call us to learn how you can lock in rates for two or more years and qualify for additional discounts.
- Additional users may be added during checkout for USD 200 each per user/module. Hard copies are USD 350 per module.
- Individuals or companies using Mercer data for consulting services or commercial purposes are subject to different rates. Please call for more information.
- 2018 results now available.
Position List & Sample Report
2019 Survey Participation is now closed. Survey participation is open to all organizations with matching jobs and is not required to purchase results. To learn more about how you can become a participant, please contact us. As a survey participant, you do receive key benefits:
- A discount on survey results!
- An exclusive invitation to survey events - attend results webcasts and meetings where Mercer consultants will review the results and identify market trends and factors. You'll also be able to ask questions directly related to your organization.
- Ensure your data is included in the market results - easily determine your market position with customized reports that compare your company data to your peers.