This compensation planning survey includes the following information for six non-union employee levels (executive, management, professional (sales), professional (non-sales), office/clerical/technical, and trades/production/service) analyzed by region and by industry group:
- Actual 2017 and projected 2018 salary increase budgets (including merit, across-the-board, cost-of-living, promotional, etc.).
- Actual 2017 and projected 2018 salary structure adjustments.
- Salary differentiation and more.
Only participants in the Canada Compensation Planning Survey will be invited to provide updated figures later in the year and as a result will receive complimentary information on updated salary increase budget projections for 2018.
Survey participants receive complimentary results via Mercer PayMonitor®. PayMonitor permits you to quickly access market data and regression analyses using template reports or custom reports you create specific to your market needs. You may also view, download, or print the entire published report. Non-participating companies may purchase the report PDF.
Mercer surveys are designed using the most accurate and up-to-date market data practices. Data is collected from HR professionals at participating organizations (never employee self-reported) and then analyzed for validity, thoroughness, and market representation based on the organization's size, structure, geographic region, or a combination of these factors. A minimum number of incumbents, organizations, and distinct organizations are required in order to report each data element. If minimums are not met, the market data is suppressed, ensuring you the highest level of data confidentiality.
How to Participate 2017
2017 Survey participation is now closed. If you missed the deadline for participating in this survey, please call us to learn more about additional options that may be available.
Survey participation is open to all organizations with matching jobs and is not required to purchase results. As a survey participant however, you do receive key benefits:
- A discount on survey results!
- An exclusive invitation to survey events — attend results webcasts and meetings where Mercer consultants will review the results and identify market trends and factors. You'll also be able to ask questions directly related to your organization.
- Ensure your data is included in the market results — easily determine your market position with customized reports that compare your company data to your peers.