Comprehensive Data Solutions for Paying Employees on International Assignments
If you help manage your company's expatriate program, ask yourself:
- Just how cost-effective is your expatriate management process?
- Are you granting overly generous cost-of-living allowances? Is this really solving your mobility issues?
- Do you know what makes up your cost-of-living allowance recommendations? Does your supplier give you all the information you need to justify your decisions?
- Are your cost-of-living allowances based on prices gathered by expatriates or others who fly in and out?
- Are you able to keep your compensation approach consistent when managing a diverse group of assignees?
Mercer’s cost of living information provides all the key elements you need to set fair cost of living allowances, as well as the supporting information required so that all stakeholders can understand the compensation package.
The Benefit of Two Approaches
Mercer offers two ways of determining cost of living allowance, the Multinational Approach and Nationality-specific approach.