New in 2019
- New position class data. We’ve combined our MBD and US Total Remuneration Survey in to a single survey with more robust results. Position class data is now included in MBD.
- Expanded position coverage. As the Mercer Job Library continues to evolve, job lists have expanded to include new cross-industry and industry-specific specializations. Plus, general customer service and contact center roles have been added to the survey.
- Benefits data now included. A new tab has been added to the questionnaire so that you can provide benefits data. While participation in this section is optional, you will receive a complimentary National Spotlight on Benefits Report if you provide data.
Delivered in Fully Customizable Formats
Survey results are delivered in Mercer WIN®, giving you access to the data through a variety of customizable parameters — including geography, industry, company size, and more. Efficiently organize and analyze the information with Mercer WIN, which enables you to:
- Compare job descriptions side by side.
- Change pay elements to support the right level of analysis.
- Perform function and career-level analysis.
- Export your data for integration into other systems (data also available as an Excel file).
- Run presentation-quality detailed or summary reports.
Salary Survey Methodology
Mercer surveys are designed using the most accurate and up-to-date market data practices. Data is collected from HR professionals at participating organizations and then analyzed for validity, thoroughness, and market representation based on the organization's size, structure, geographic region, or a combination of these factors. A minimum number of incumbents, organizations, and distinct organizations are required in order to report each data element. If minimums are not met, the market data is suppressed, ensuring you the highest level of data confidentiality.
2018 US MBD: Mercer Benchmark Database Survey Suite (Excluding Manufacturing)
2018 US MBD: Mercer Benchmark Database Survey Suite (Including Manufacturing)
US MBD: Mercer Benchmark Database
Additional MBD users: USD 1,000
Additional MBD with Manufacturing users: USD 1,200
Additional buying options are available. Call us to learn how you can lock in rates for two or more years and qualify for additional discounts.
- Individuals or companies using Mercer data for consulting services or commercial purposes are subject to different rates. Please call for more information.
- 2018 survey results now available.
View a list of the participating companies included in the 2018 US MBD: Mercer Benchmark Database here.
Position List & Sample Report
View the position list and descriptions included in this HR compensation survey to optimize your ongoing compensation and benchmarking efforts.
View a sample report of this survey to see what's included, and learn how easy it is to streamline your salary benchmarking efforts.