Formerly the North America Hotel Industry Compensation Survey, it has been split into separate US and Canada surveys for 2019 to better reflect the regional trends, positions, and participating organizations included. For the Canada Hotel Industry survey data, please click here.
Hotel organizations are invited to participate in this survey, pending review and approval of a membership application by the survey Steering Committee. Membership type is based upon organization size and ability to report data to the extent which the survey requires.
Delivered in Fully Customizable Formats
Survey results are delivered in Mercer WIN®, giving you access to the data through a variety of customizable parameters — including geography, industry, company size, and more. Efficiently organize and analyze the information with Mercer WIN, which enables you to:
- Compare job descriptions side by side.
- Change pay elements to support the right level of analysis.
- Perform function and career-level analysis.
- Export your data for integration into other systems (data also available as an Excel file).
- Run presentation-quality detailed or summary reports.
Salary Survey Methodology
Mercer surveys are designed using the most accurate and up-to-date market data practices. Data is collected from HR professionals at participating organizations and then analyzed for validity, thoroughness, and market representation based on the organization's size, structure, geographic region, or a combination of these factors. A minimum number of incumbents, organizations, and distinct organizations are required in order to report each data element. If minimums are not met, the market data is suppressed, ensuring you the highest level of data confidentiality.
|2019 US Hotel Industry Compensation Survey
US Hotel Industry Compensation Survey
*Member/Participant: (133 positions)
Member pricing is based on hotel type — Full or Focused Service — and valid membership status in the HICS group.
Non-Participant: (85 positions)
Non-Participant report only includes property level jobs for the US. The non-participant report does not include Canadian, regional, or corporate level data.
To participate, organizations must meet certain membership criteria and complete an application to join the group. Organizations not meeting the criteria can purchase the non-participant report. If an organization qualifies to apply for the group, it can purchase the non-participant report one time only and must agree to apply the following year.
Contact Nicole Aronov at email@example.com to inquire about becoming a member/participant.
Position List & Descriptions
2019 Survey Participation is now closed. To participate, organizations must meet certain membership criteria and complete an application to join the group. Organizations not meeting the criteria can purchase the non-participant report. If an organization qualifies to apply for the group, it can purchase the non-participant report one time only and must agree to apply the following year. As a survey participant, you do receive key benefits:
- A discount on survey results!
- An exclusive invitation to survey events - attend results webcasts and meetings where Mercer consultants will review the results and identify market trends and factors. You'll also be able to ask questions directly related to your organization.
- Ensure your data is included in the market results - easily determine your market position with customized reports that compare your company data to your peers.
For more information about participating and applying to join the group, please contact HICS@mercer.com.