This survey was split into two distinct questionnaires — US and Canada — in order to gather and report information most relevant to each country. If your organization has offices and/or mine sites in both the US and Canada, please plan to participate in both editions for the appropriate locations. If you have business operations in Canada learn more about our Canada survey.
Survey results are delivered in Mercer WIN® giving you access to the data through a variety of parameters – including geography, industry, company size, and more – to more efficiently organize and analyze the information. Mercer WIN enables you to compare job descriptions side by side, change pay elements to support the right level of analysis, perform function and career-level analysis, export your data for integration into other systems, and run presentation-quality detailed or summary reports. The data is available as an excel file for export from within Mercer WIN as well.
Salary Survey Methodology
Mercer surveys are designed using the most accurate and up-to-date market data practices. Data is collected from HR professionals at participating organizations and then analyzed for validity, thoroughness, and market representation based on the organization's size, structure, geographic region, or a combination of these factors. A minimum number of incumbents, organizations, and distinct organizations are required in order to report each data element. If minimums are not met, the market data is suppressed, ensuring you the highest level of data confidentiality.
View Sample Report
2018 North America Mining Industry Survey Suite – US Corporate and CEO
2018 North America Mining Industry Survey Suite – US Mine Site
2018 North America Mining Industry Survey Suite – US Mine Site Operational Jobs
North America Mining Industry Survey Suite
Additional buying options are available. Call us to learn how you can lock in rates for two or more years and qualify for additional discounts.
- Additional users may be added during checkout for USD 200 each per user/module. Hard copies are USD 350 per module.
- Individuals or companies using Mercer data for consulting services or commercial purposes are subject to different rates. Please call for more information.
- 2018 results will be available upon survey release.
Position List & Sample Report
2019 Survey Participation opens March 22. Survey participation is open to all organizations with matching jobs and is not required to purchase results. To learn more about how you can become a participant, please contact us. As a survey participant, you do receive key benefits:
- A discount on survey results!
- An exclusive invitation to survey events - attend results webcasts and meetings where Mercer consultants will review the results and identify market trends and factors. You'll also be able to ask questions directly related to your organization.
- Ensure your data is included in the market results - easily determine your market position with customized reports that compare your company data to your peers.